As a QA Engineer at SoftRobot, you will play an instrumental role in developing and executing exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
Reporting to the CTO of SoftRobot, you will be part of the Data & Engineering Team that manages Software Architecture & Development, Quality Assurance, Security & IT Infrastructure and Development Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Communicate and collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product manager) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results and product analytics
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders about quality assurance and technical specifications
- Relevant academic background
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You know how to collaborate and believe teams are stronger than individuals.
- You know how to get stuff done and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven work experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working with product analytics tools such as Google Firebase & Google Optimize or Amplitude.
- Experience working with Python, React.js and/or the Google Cloud Platform